District e-governance Societies (DeGS)
District e-governance Societies (DeGS) has been formed in all the 22 districts of Punjab . Following are the Roles of District e-Governance Societies (DeGS):-
- The DeGS would provide close tie-ups with all the stakeholders in the Project at field level. The stakeholder from the district government would include Collector/Deputy Commissioner, Sub Divisional Officer / Magistrate, Tehsildar / Patwari, Block development officer, and field functionaries.
- Provide commitment and support to bring-in the process changes.
- Provide overall guidance to the Project at District level.
- Work closely with the ISA and Application Developer to undertake the field work, comprehend the requirements, document the observations, prepare roadmap, redesign the processes.
- Build capacity of the staff and executive resources of the district administration. DeGS and ISA would also work closely with the technical solution provider for developing and customizing the software, implement the technical solution.
- To implement guidelines of State Government and Government of India for ‘e-District’, CSC, SWAN, SDC, SSDG and any other e-Governance Programmes in the District.
- To manage, supervise and implement backend computerization of Government Departments with long term vision of Government.
- Coordinate, manage & monitor the receipt & utilization of financial support received from the State Government / Government of India.
- Support the Common Services Centers (CSCs), throughout the District for providing G2C services as per the Service Level Agreements between Departments/ SDA for CSCs and the Service Center Agency. It would identify and recommend the Citizen Services which can be provided in consultation and co-ordination with the concerned departments on priority and assist SCA in roll out of G2C services in CSCs.
- Take all publicity measures and campaigning through media like TV,radio, newspaper, conferences, seminars, public meetings, banners and posters etc for creating awareness about transformation through e-Governance for the benefit of the rural masses.
- Explore revenue streams for the sustenance of the District eGovernance Society and assist SDA in formulating policies accordingly.
- Initial seed money of Rs 10.0 Lakhs would be provided for the smooth establishment and functioning of the society by way of contribution from Government of India.
- Collect user charges as fixed by the State Government and keep audited accounts of the same.