e-district project at pilot districts of Kapurthala and Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahar)
e-district has been chosen as State Mission Mode Project (MMPs) of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). E-District project envisages integrated and seamless delivery of citizen services by district administration through automation of workflow, backend computerization, data digitization across participating departments. The State has chosen districts of Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr) and Kapurthala as pilot districts for the implementation of e-district project. The Government of Punjab has chosen 47 Services under the scope of the project.
The project aims to target high volume services delivered at the District level and to undertake back-end computerization to enable the delivery of citizen services through Gram Suwidha Kendras (CSC Scheme) in a systematic way. It further aims to integrate multiple applications, faster processing of public cases/appeals/grievances, dissemination of information as per public requirement and redesign the processes for the core services to be delivered through the Gram Suwidha Kendras (CSC Scheme).
Backend Computerization has been done by providing Hardware (Desktops, Printers, and Scanners), Connectivity, Digital Signatures, and Training to all the Departmental officials who are involved in citizen service delivery of 47 Services under the scope of the project.
The Government Orders related to all 47 Services have been approved by respective Departments.
All 47 Service under the scope of e-district have been made live in both the Districts.
Transactions under Pilot e-District Projects: More than 70000 citizen requests have been processed electronically since 6.2.2012.
State Wide Rollout of e-district project in remaining Districts of Punjab
- After the phase one i.e. pilot implementation of project in two districts namely Kapurthala & Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar, as part of second phase the eDistrict project is to be rolled out across the entire state covering remaining 20 districts of the State.
- For the roll out of project in remaining 20 districts, Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India (GoI) has already approved a total project outlay of Rs. 53.34 Cr for the State.
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India (GoI) has already selected M/s Wipro ltd. as State Project management Unit for the project implementation and two resources are deployed in the Department of Governance reforms.
- For effective implementation of project, District e-Governance Societies (DeGS) have been formed in all the Districts. For this, the scope of existing Sukhmani societies operational at district level has been modified to include implementation of e-governance projects.
- The Bidding process for selection of system Integrator is in process.
- As per the project guidelines, one e-District coordinator is to be placed at each of the 20 districts under the project. The Hiring of District Coordinators has been completed by National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) and all 20 e-district coordinators have started working in their respective districts.